Matomy USA, Inc., d/b/a/ Storystack and its affiliates and licensors (collectively, “Storystack,”, “we,” “our” or "us") respects the privacy of its users (“User” or “you”) and is committed to protect its Users’ information. We believe that you have a right to know our practices regarding the information that we may collect and use when you use the services offered by our websites (the "Sites") and third party websites and mobile applications on which our SDK or other code is installed, to which you subscribed or which you use (the “Services”).
Your Consent (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
What Types of Information Do We Collect about Our Users?
We may collect two types of data and information about our Users:
- The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-Personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of the User from which we have collected the Non-Personal Information. Non-Personal Information is any unconcealed information which is available to us while Users are using the Sites and/or Services. Non-Personal Information which is being gathered consists of technical information and behavioral information, and may contain, among other things, type and version of operation system , mobile system and browser, time of action, location information, click-stream (navigation graph), browsing history and activities in the application (purchases, sharing on social networks). Note, however, that in most cases we cross-reference the Non-Personal Information with Personal Information and therefore such information may also be considered Personal Information.
The second type of information is individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”). This information may identify an individual or may be of a private and/or sensitive nature.
- Users who are only visiting the Site do not need to provide any Personal Information.
- We automatically collected Users’ IP addresses when they access the Services, which we use mainly for enhancing the User’s experience with the Site and/or Services and for geolocation purposes.
- Users may, at their option, provide account information for social network venues while using the Services or any applicable application, program or website running the Services, in which case we will have access to certain information regarding the User that is provided to us by the social network through the applicable application, program or website running the Services.
For avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information connected or linked to any Personal Information shall be deemed as Personal Information as long as such connection or linkage exists.
How Do We Collect Information about Our Users?
There are two main methods that we use to collect information about our Users:
- We collect information through your entry and use of the Sites, as well as the applications, programs and websites running our Services. In other words, when you are using any of the above, we are aware of it and may gather, collect and store the information relating to such usage, including through third party service providers as detailed below.
- We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect Personal Information which you voluntarily provide when you fill out the registration form on the Sites or when you sign in to the Sites or any website, program or application running our Services, including through third party service providers as detailed below and social network venues.
- Behavioral Tracking/Do-Not-Track: Storystack may place cookies (as that term is defined below) or other tracking technology on the Sites that tracks Users’ activities after they leave the Sites and travel to another website that hosts the Storystack application and on websites, programs and applications that run our Services. We maintain the User behavior data in our system and utilize it to build our knowledge when that User engages again with the Sites or one of the websites, programs and applications that hosts the Storystack Services. Users should be able to disable any such tracking by utilizing the “Do Not Track” or similar options within most major Internet browsers or in the Settings on their mobile device. Disabling such tracking will severly impair our ability to provide the Services to you.
How Do We Use the Collected Personal Information?
In addition to the uses set forth below, we use Personal Information in order to:
- Provide content recommendations for you to improve your navigation of the Sites or applications, programs and websites that run our Services.
- Recommend other websites and applications that offer interesting content that was promoted by advertisers.
- Match relevant advertisement to you.
- Engage in direct marketing to you as further detailed below.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Storystack provides analyzed information and matching recommendations to the hosting publisher and advertisers, but does not disclose Personal Information to them.
Identifying, Modifying or Deleting Personal Information
At your request, we will inform you of what Personal Information we have on file for you. In addition, if you wish to delete or modify your Personal Information for any reason, please send us an e-mail with adequate detail of your request to: email@example.com, and we will make reasonable efforts to modify or delete any such Personal Information pursuant to any applicable privacy laws provided, however, that we ask individuals to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes). Please be advised that deleting your Personal Information may terminate your access to the Services. If you wish to continue using the Services, you may not delete the Personal Information that we have on file for you.
We take a great care in implementing and maintaining the security of Storystack’s Site and its User's Personal Information. The Personal Information is hosted on the Amazon Cloud which provides advanced security features. The Personal Information may in the future be hosted on other hosting services offered by third parties.
When Users make Personal Information available to us, their Personal Information is protected both online and offline (to the extent that we maintain any Personal Information offline). When our registration process asks Users to submit Sensitive Information, and when we transmit such Sensitive Information, that Sensitive Information is encrypted and is protected with SSL encryption software.
Access to your Personal Information is strictly limited, and we take reasonable measures to ensure that your Personal Information is not accessible to the public. Please be advised, however, that while we take every reasonable precaution available to protect your data, no storage facility, technology, software, security protocols or data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Computer hackers that circumvent our security measures may gain access to certain portions of your Personal Information, and technological bugs, errors and glitches may cause inadvertent disclosures of your Personal Information; provided, however, that any attempt to breach the security of the network, our servers, databases or other hardware or software may constitute a crime punishable by law. For the reasons mentioned above, we cannot warrant that your Personal Information will be absolutely secure. Any transmission of data at or through the Sites or any application, website or program running the Services, is at your own risk.
All of our Users’ Personal Information is restricted in our offices. Only employees or third party agents who need access to our Users' Personal Information to perform a specific job are granted access to Personal Information. Our employees are dedicated to ensuring the security and privacy of all User Personal Information. Employees not adhering to our firm policies are subject to disciplinary action. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, we shall notify you and any applicable regulatory agencies in the event that we learn of an information security breach with respect to your Personal Information. You will be notified via e-mail in the event of such a breach, if we have your e-mail address. Please be advised that notice may be delayed in order to address the needs of law enforcement, determine the scope of network damage, and to engage in remedial measures.
Third Party Software/Services
You hereby agree that we may use your contact details for the purpose of informing you regarding products and services offered by us or third parties which may interest you and to send to you newsletters featuring these products and/or services, transmitted to the e-mail address that you have provided during registration (and as later updated, if applicable). You may withdraw your consent via sending a written notice to Storystack by email to the following address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By registering on the Site, you agree that such act constitutes an inquiry and/or application for purposes of the Amended Telemarketing Sales Rule (16 CFR §310 et seq.), as amended from time to time (the “Rule”) and applicable state do-not-call regulations. As such, notwithstanding that your telephone number may be listed on the Federal Trade Commission’s Do-Not-Call List, and/or on applicable state do-not-call lists, we retain the right to contact you via telemarketing (where you supply your telephone number to us) in accordance with the Rule and applicable state do-not-call regulations.
In addition, where you provide “prior express written consent” within the meaning of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (47 USC § 227), and its implementing regulations adopted by the Federal Communications Commission (47 CFR § 64.1200), as amended from time-to-time (“TCPA”), you consent to receive telephone calls, including artificial voice calls, pre-recorded messages and/or calls (including SMS text messages) delivered via automated technology, to the telephone number(s) that you provided. Please note that you are not required to provide this consent in order to receive the Services, and your consent simply allows Storystack to contact you via these means.
Cookies and Local Storage
When you access or use the Site and/or Service, we may use industry-wide technologies such as "cookies" and Flash (or similar technologies), which store certain information on your computer or mobile device ("Local Storage") and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make your experience with the Site and/or Services much more convenient and effortless. It is easy to prohibit the Local Storage. Most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. In order to erase or disable the Local Storage option in Flash, you should use the settings option of Flash according to the specific instructions provided by the technology provider. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of Flash, your online experience, and access to the Services, may be limited.
We may also use certain third-party cookies. These are a different kind of cookies, stored on your computer or mobile device by third parties, rather than by Storystack. This kind of cookie is only read (and not altered by the Site) each time you visit the Site, and also when you visit certain websites or applications that uses similar cookies. Third-party cookies usually store only a Non-Personal Information, such as the web pages you have visited, the duration of your browsing, etc.
The Site, Services and Storystack application may contain links to third-party owned and/or operated websites. Storystack is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. In some cases, you may be able to make a purchase through one of their third-party websites. In these instances, you may be required to provide certain information, such as a credit card number, to register or complete a transaction at such website. These third-party websites have separate privacy and data collection practices and Storystack has no responsibility or liability relating to them.
Visitors under eighteen (18) years of age are not permitted to use the Site and/or Services and/or submit their Personal Information at the Site. Storystack does not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under eighteen (18) years of age. Storystack encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
To opt-out of receiving e-mail advertising, SMS text-based marketing (where and to the extent permitted by applicable law), telemarketing and direct mail marketing from us, you can follow the instructions at the end of the applicable marketing message or email us at: email@example.com.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may continue to contact you for purposes of communicating information relating to your use of the Services and to respond to any inquiry or request made by you. To opt-out of receiving Services-related and/or inquiry response-related messages from Storystack, you must cease utilizing the Services and/or submitting inquiries to Storystack, as applicable.
Have any Questions?
Filing a Complaint with the Federal Trade Commission
To file a complaint regarding our privacy practices, please Click Here.